Claire Redfield: Finished product

An absolute favorite cosplay of mine, Claire Redfield from Resident Evil 2.

It was difficult to find the vest and pants in pink, so I opted for white instead, and I dyed them bright pink to match her design. I had to cut the pants into shorts at the right length, which required drawing the lines in blue fading ink while wearing the pants. The picture on the back was hand painted on by me over the course of about a week.

Advertisements

Jinx: Finished product

This was one of my first costumes where I made such a large prop. Fishbones, my 4.5′ rocket launcher made to look like a shark, was made out of PVC plumbing pipe and EVA foam, and was painted with two different kinds of silver paint, one to give it a good base, the other to give it texture. In the end, it weighed about 10-12 pounds.

The outfit itself used a stretch denim cut and pieced together to make the stripes. The left side of the top was a soft pleather backed with cotton and quilted by me on the sewing machine. The belt was made in the same way.

For the bullets, I wanted to find used shotgun shells, but I didn’t have the time, so I used cork instead and painted them silver, which did the trick in a pinch, and remained lightweight.

Daniella: Finished product

The finished product of my Daniella cosplay from Haunting Ground. These are just a few of many utterly beautiful shots I was able to have taken of this cosplay, and the graveyard photoshoot was a perfect setting for them.

This costume was made back in spring of 2006, and still fits like a dream now.

Lady Sif: WIP and finished product

When Thor 2: The Dark World came out, I created my Lady Sif cosplay based on promotional images and semi-blurry screencaps of the trailer. It was difficult to piece it all together with so few images available as reference, and after the movie came out and I was able to find better detailed pictures, I realized that parts of the armor were incorrect. But for what little I had to work with, I’m very proud of how my first armor build came along.

The armor itself was made out of craft foam. I learned a lot while working with it, but I also realized that craft foam works better for small details rather than for full sets of armor. This one lasted me through the movie premiere and two photoshoots before it was too messed up to put on again.

To get the shine of it, I painted it with rub’n’buff, which is fantastic, but requires a lot of base coats, usually a painted on mixture of glue and water. The first picture shows my experiment with rub’n’buff, both with flash and without to show off the shine, but also how parts can look kind of messed up if the base coat isn’t applied properly.

The tunic underneath was made out of suede cloth, and I wore leggings and knee high boots underneath. The wig was ordered from ardawigs.com, and it absolutely incredible.